Monday, October 5, 2009

Apparently Employment Wasn't Just a Myth

So, I got a job. A real one. With benefits. And vacation days. In other words, a big person job!

I won’t go into too much detail here just to be safe, but it’s with a book publishing house and my title is Production Assistant. I started October 1st and have been too busy dancing on rainbows of happiness to write an update until now.

Don’t worry. I’m not obnoxious enough to go off on a tangent with advice for people still searching— I know it’s a crapshoot. We’re all doing the same things. All I can say is, best of luck to anyone still hunting!

And, to those of you who think this means I’ll stop spamming you with fb notifications about new posts… Ha.

My job is very entry level and as such pays very little, especially when compared to the cost of living here. So, I am still poor and in New York, shamelessly self-promoting my writing. It turns out book production has very little to do with that, unless you count handwriting labels on file tabs.

Coming soon: stories about the Union Square sk8ter boyz, Central Park celebrity sightings and how I’m going to survive The Coldest Winter in a Decade in my H&M pea coat.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Leigh! I'm so happy for you. Hope I have the same luck with my search :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat's keep the posts coming I love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete